[mythtv-users] backend segfault

RagnarKjørstad myth at ragnark.vestdata.no
Sun Apr 27 06:07:28 EDT 2003

Hi

While trying to change channels (see other posts) in mythtv, my backend
frequently segfaults.

I don't think the two problems are related, sometimes it segfaults right
away, and other times it runs for a long time. (and I still can't change
the chanel).

I've updated settings.pro (CONFIG += debug and -march=athlon),
recombiled everything, and is running the backend in gdb.

I get the following trace:

#0  0x4014c941 in HuffmanCode () from /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0
#1  0x44b97008 in ?? ()
#2  0x3f246fa5 in ?? ()

It appears the stack has been trashed :-(

The system is RedHat 9, with lame 3.93.1-fr2, gcc/g++ versions 3.2.2.

The CPU is an AMD Athlon.

I'm using mythtv from CVS (updated today).

Now, I seem to remember that settings.pro only applied to libavcodecs -
is there some other file I should change to get the correct optimization
and enable debugging in the rest of the code?

Thanks.

--
Ragnar Kjørstad