[mythtv-users] Audio-problem

RagnarKjørstad myth at ragnark.vestdata.no
Sun Apr 27 19:57:55 EDT 2003

Yes, I know it's a FAQ, but I've tried everything suggested, and it
still doesn't work.

I'm using a Creative SB Live EMU10k1 soundcard with the alsa-driver.
The capture-card is an ASUS V7100 with the rivatv-driver

And, I have no sound in mythtv.

Sound pass-throuh in xawtv works fine. So does muting the channel
and using "aplay /dev/dsp" to play the sound i xawtv. There are no
sound-deamons running.

I should note that the "aplay-test" didn't work right away. The problem
was I loaded the rivatv driver before loading the snd-mixer-oss
and snd-pcm-oss drivers. This caused tvaudio and tvmixer to claim
/dev/dsp and /dev/mixer. Well, that's what I think happened anyway.

Once I forced the drivers to load in the right order I can now record
audio in xawtv and the "aplay-test" works.

Both input- and output- sound-devices are set to "/dev/dsp". I also
tried setting the output sound-device to "/dev/snd/pcmC0Dop" (because
that was what aplay was using), but it didn't help.

Any hints are greatly apreciated.

--
Ragnar Kjørstad