[mythtv-users] Illegal Instruction in setup

Michael Fenner mcfennek at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 06:51:17 EDT 2003

Hallo,

I'm new with MythTV and trying to install it for the last 2 days. Now I'm at
a point where I do not know what to do...

After building mythtv with
./configure
make
make install

and starting setup, I get:

Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display "dude:0.0"
Illegal Instruction

whereas the first shouldn't matter, the second should be fixed with the
-march=i586 option in the settings.pro file (Using a C3 on a Shuttle FV24
board) - but it doesn't work; I still get the exception starting setup.

Any ideas? I read that I might have to recompile lame with the -march=i586
and change qt3 qmake.conf file as well - doesn't help...

The last thing I found in the mail archive was setting deinterlace=0, but it
seems that the settings.txt file doesn't exist in version 0.8 anymore. Where
can I change this? Is this already relevant for starting the setup???

Thanx for your help,

Michael