[mythtv-users] Painfree Hardware?

Alex Davidson alexd at synergycsi.com
Mon Apr 28 12:08:26 EDT 2003

So on a somewhat related note to all this chat of easy installs, I am
looking for hardware suggestions that would give me an install on Red Hat 9
(or 8 if absolutely necessary) that would not require me to use ALSA and
should just work without any of the 'tweaking' I have had to endure up to
this point (unsuccessfully I might add).

As some already know, I have been trying to get Myth running on hardware I
had access to (oh the benefits of working in IT) but I have come to the
conclusion that if I want to continue then I need to bite the bullet and
spend some money and get new, known-to-work, sound and capture cards and try
again.  I'm very interested in the PVR 250 - does anyone have any experience
with the 350 who'd like to comment on any Myth-related benefits other than
not needing a new video card with TV Out?  IU have to say, the CompUSA deal
on the 250 makes the 350 seem like a stretch.

So here's the list if anyone would like to comment
Capture Card:
Sound Card:
Video Card w/TV Out:

Thanks,