[mythtv-users] PVR250 question

Paul Smith paullocal at pscs.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 11:14:24 EDT 2003

My MythTV box here is an Athlon XP 2800+. Currently I have one WinTV
Theater in it, but I want to add a second card.

I have access to a PVR350 and an AverTV BT878 card (and a Pinnacle PCTV
Pro, but the tuner on that doesn't work in Linux yet)

1) Is it worth putting the PVR350 one in (is the code reliable enough yet).
I'm happy using CVS code, but not too experienced at linux (ie is it a
guru's task to install the drivers)

2) How much CPU does the PVR350 use?

3) If the PVR350 uses not much CPU (as I'd expect) then can MythTV handle
THREE capture cards in one PC... (I believe the WinTV one works with
btaudio, the PVR350 doesn't need it (IIUC), so the AverTV one can either
use btaudio or not, so I don't think sound will be a problem). Is it worth
a try just to see what happens?...

Paul				VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support at pscs.co.uk			http://www.pscs.co.uk/