[mythtv-users] Off topic: Newbie trouble Installing Apache for Mythweb

W Jason McMillon jason_mcmillon at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 09:08:17 EDT 2003

This isn't directly related to mythweb, but since so
many people working on mythtv are knowledgable with
linux issues, I though I would give this a try...

I am trying to get mythweb up and running.  In order
to do that, I need to have apache and php up and
running.

After installing apache on mandrake 9.0 via Mandrake
Control Center (ie via RPM), I get the following
during bootup:

httpd:  httpd:  bad user name apache

Now I realize this isn't a mythtv problem, but does
anyone on the list know how I can fix this?

thanks for everyone's time
jason