[mythtv-users] Video card problem (Geforce2 vs. Savage 2000)

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 19:33:15 EDT 2003

I picked up a Geforce 2 MX400 on Ebay last week.  Well, at least, that's
what it says on the box, the instructions, and that's what the BIOS says
when it boots.  The PCI scan says it's an S3 Savage 2000 though, based
on the vendor ID and product ID reported for the card.

Obviously the nvidia drivers completely fail to work, but if I start X
with the Savage drivers, everything appears to be fine.

This seems fairly weird to me and I'll try to find another card that
does the expected thing, but in the meantime is it possible to get the
TV-out working on this card in RedHat 8.0, assuming it really is a
Savage model?

James