[mythtv-users] More "How I did it" stories please

Tom Howard tom at sagoons.com
Fri Apr 4 15:52:58 UTC 2003

Gallé Philippe wrote:
> Humm... no. I've only one in /usr/local/share/mythtv
> and his content is:
>
> DBHostName=localhost
> DBUserName=mythtv
> DBPassword=mythtv
> DBName=mythconverg
>
> so no strange things in it.

I think Isaac is saying that this is why you would get this
error message so the task is to find where the problems is.

To narrow it down, on the machine and as the user that you
want to run "setup", try:

mysql -h localhost -u mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg

If this fails; is the database running?, have you created
the database with mc.sql?, was the password changed? etc.

If this succeeds; are the file permissions readable for the
user running setup? does it work if you copy the file to
the user's ~/.mythtv directory?, etc.

--  bjm