[mythtv-users] Good Video/Codec Setting

Joe S fecund at rocketmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:40:54 UTC 2003

Hi guys,

I'm having a similar problem with database access.  I have gone through the
documentation, and as far as I can tell, I've done everything as I've done
before.  I was able to get MythTV 0.7 and CVS versions prior to the release
of 0.8 working without much problem.

Here is the output when I run setup, right after compiling mythtv-0.8, and
starting mysqld [confirmed with the command Bruce suggested].
-----
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QPSQL7 QODBC3
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QPSQL7 QODBC3
Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded
-----
And here are the relevant (Red Hat 9.0) rpms I've got installed:
-----
[root at schmuzli setup]# rpm -qa | grep qt
qt-PostgreSQL-3.1.1-6
qt-3.1.1-6
qt-devel-3.1.1-6
qt-ODBC-3.1.1-6
qt2-2.3.1-13
qt-MySQL-3.1.1-6
-----

It seems to me that I've got the necessary rpms and SQL plugins, but ONLY the
mysql one won't load.  I've installed/reinstalled qt-MySQL, but it doesn't
help.  Now, I've just "upgraded" to Red Hat 9.0, so maybe that is the source
of the problem.

Any suggestions on what to try next?  Can I force QMYSQL3 to load?  Should I
try recompiling QT from source?