[mythtv-users] MythTV goes mobile!

Matthew Brichacek mmbrich at ldl.fc.hp.com
Fri Apr 4 20:49:05 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 13:27, Michael Peay wrote:

> This is quite impressive, but I have a few questions:
> - One picture shows playback of TV. How are you capturing?

I'm not, that pic was of the first time I got it working and it was
playing live tv through the wireless and from the backend in the
basement.
Now though, I have it set up to transfer the recordings from the main
backend every night, and I am going to work on a script this weekend
that will also get the DB entries for the files and put them in the
mobiles DB.

> - How do you have the controls working?

The trusty ATI X10 remote.  I hope alpine will actually release the
specs (like they said they would) so I can get the in-dash units
controls working.

> - Where's the PC? Is a compact shuttle-type case tucked in some
> ingenious place or a full tower loose in the bed?

It's a laptop and I plan to make a cover/mounting system that will hide
it into the blazers headliner in the back.

> Last and most important:
> - When you get in an accident while watching Dilbert, can I have the
> surviving pieces? ;-)

no, it's in my will to get buried with all my gear :)

Matt

Matthew Brichacek <mmbrich at ldl.fc.hp.com>