[mythtv-users] Switch Email Addresses

WBelk at ddsn.state.sc.us WBelk at ddsn.state.sc.us
Tue Apr 8 19:55:30 UTC 2003

Using something like rsync could be a better way to transfer files from "home" to truck.  This would work if you had the disk space.  It will only copy files that have changed and will delete files from the "truck" if they are deleted from the "Home" system.  One system is considered a master and the other a slave.
Rsync is probably already in your distribution.  If not you can find it on rsync.samba.org.
Cheers,

Roy
 Matthew Brichacek <mmbrich at ldl.fc.hp.com> wrote:
> What seems to be missing here is a convenient way to transfer
> files from the home database to the truck database. I have
> a "test" environment and a "production" system and sometimes
> want to move recordings from one to the other. I've been
> ftp-ing the files and manually INSERTing into the 'recorded'
> database.
>
> What strikes me as a more convenient way would be to modify
> MythWeb to have links for the .nuv files that includes the
> recorded fields in the HTTP headers and sends the file as the
> body. A helper app for .nuv files could open the local database
> per mysql.txt to insert the local recorded entry and write the
> file to the RecordFilePrefix dir. This way I could simply go to
> the web page and click on the link to transfer the file onto my
> other system.

I haven't tried mythweb yet, but this sounds like an interesting way to
accomplish what I was after.
Unfortunately I broke the laptop in the process of setting this all up
this weekend, so now I am stuck with nothing until I can either fix this
one or get a new one.

Matt