[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Freevo

Jason Tackaberry tack at auc.ca
Fri Apr 11 15:39:37 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 12:31, Isaac Richards wrote:
> touched gdb before.  Please, if you're seeing a crash, spend the additonal 5
> or 10 minutes and generate a backtrace so I or someone else can fix it.

I appreciate that.  I'm a developer myself, and I know how to file bug
reports, and believe me, I plan to be filing reports like crazy over the
next few days as I use MythTV more.  Unfortunately MythTV hangs as much
as it crashes (or more), and those problems are a lot harder to report
and fix.

My original email wasn't a slam on MythTV or its stability.  I'm going
to do my duty as a OSS user and try to improve its quality as much as I
can through testing and bug reporting.  I was just curious how the
MythTV community felt about its competitors and its strengths/weaknesses
compared to them.

Cheers,
Jason.