[mythtv-users] Video Cards...

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Fri Apr 11 23:12:20 UTC 2003

Ask away.  Please let us all know what the answer is though...

I have an older ATI card and couldn't get TV out to work.  There is a
program called atitvout or similar, but it is only really for earlier cards.
If you are in 24 bit mode in less than 800x600 it might work for you
though...

You can make it work if you switch everything to use framebuffer and select
640x480 mode (although I never got that working either).

In the end I bought an old nvidia 2 mx which has tv out.

If you check ATI's website you will see that they make it quite clear that
they have no intention of supporting TV out except under windows.