[mythtv-users] Myth is locking soundcard and preventing full duplex operation

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sun Apr 13 18:29:24 UTC 2003

I'm running mythmusic, and functionally, it works fine.  However, I have
two problems with irritating delays.

My system is an AMD 1000+ with 512 RAM and an SBLive.  It accesses my music
archive (180 GBs) via NFS mount.

When I first loaded it, I left it be for about 4 hours for it to
categorize all the songs.  I could watch it go through the directories on
console, and life was good.

However, now, when I select MythMusic from the MythFrontend module, I get
about a 2 minute delay before the SelectMusic/PlayMusic/ImportCD comes up.
If I switch to console, I see that it is categorizing the same few songs
that don't have id3 tags.  So - the delay is that MythMusic is attempting
to add these to the database each time I load MythMusic.  It would be nice
if I could find a fix for this.

The second delay that I'm having is once into MythMusic, when I select the
SelectMusic option, I get an approximate 1 minute delay before the select
music screen comes up.  This is a more tolerable delay, but it would be
nice if it wasn't there.

Function wise, I also think MythMusic should have a "clear playlist"
option in addition to the edit playlist option.  Currently, if you build a
huge playlist, you have to go and find all the songs and deselect them.

-- RJV --					..ooOO miracle at procyon.com

-- Institution of Postgraduate Education - Graduation 2001
-- Institution of Undergraduate Education - Alumnus 1997

The opinions expressed in any email originating from this account are the
sole opinions of the author.  They do not reflect the opinions or policies
of any institution or individuals other than myself.