[mythtv-users] MythMusic delays

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Sat Apr 12 15:16:59 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 07:47, RJV wrote:
> I'm running mythmusic, and functionally, it works fine.  However, I have
> two problems with irritating delays.
>
> My system is an AMD 1000+ with 512 RAM and an SBLive.  It accesses my music
> archive (180 GBs) via NFS mount.

Are you running the current CVS version?  A lot of speed ups have been
introduced in the last while.  I have about 3 times your archive and its
quick.  My collection is all oggs and is mounted locally though.

> If I switch to console, I see that it is categorizing the same few songs
> that don't have id3 tags.  So - the delay is that MythMusic is attempting
> to add these to the database each time I load MythMusic.  It would be nice
> if I could find a fix for this.

Personally, fixing the tags would be my option.
(http://easytag.sourceforge.net).  This program was suggested on the
list before I find it quite good.  I know there are various options for
can't speak for it.

> The second delay that I'm having is once into MythMusic, when I select the
> SelectMusic option, I get an approximate 1 minute delay before the select
> music screen comes up.  This is a more tolerable delay, but it would be
> nice if it wasn't there.

Do you keep CDs in the drive?  Are you running current CVS?  There are a
lot of code speedups if not.

> Function wise, I also think MythMusic should have a "clear playlist"

Copy the playlist to the active play queue. Select the all music tab
once all the music will hi light select the all music tab again all will
clear.  Select the revised items for the playlist and copy back to your
playlist.

Initially I had challenges with the playlist interface but more and more
I find it quite powerful.  Playlist within playlist selection, lots of
functionality.

Mythmusic doesn't quite get the same focus as MythTV but it has been
progressing.  Keep giving feedback on your experience.

Brent Hills