[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 28

m simm msimm at ureach.com
Mon Apr 14 04:32:07 UTC 2003

I'm having a problem using lirc to control mythtv only *after* viewing
LiveTV.

I can use the remote in the myth menus fine prior to livetv.
When I go into livetv, the remote still works, and i can exit the livetv
mode using the remote, but once it exits, lirc won't control the TV
menu, or the main myth menu, but it will work on the exit confirmation
window.

I took the lircrc.example and the twmrc.example files included with
mythtv and used them as my .lircrc and .twmrc files.  I did change the
.lircrc file and made the "button=" lines match those returned by my
remote, but the keybindings remain, and are set on for "CurrentWindow"
for each event.

I assume that twm isn't properly giving focus to mythfrontend, but I
can't understand why it does it for the finaly mythfrontend exit
confirmation screen.  I don't see it spawn a seperate window for it.

I'm trying to use a really light setup, so if someone has another window
manager that they use that they know works, I don't mind switching.
I'm so close that my mouth is salivating..

-Jim