[mythtv-users] FYI--error compiling NuppelVideoPlayer on Suse 7.1

Alex Petkov ap154036 at selway.umt.edu
Mon Apr 14 18:37:24 UTC 2003

Thus spake Eni Gma:
> Mounted storage via NFS

I'm using NFS for playback of some video streams, and all my mp3s, and
haven't really noticed any problems... What options are you using on
your NFS mount?  Changing the rsize/wsize parameters in particular can
make a big difference in performance.

I use:
mount -t nfs -o ro,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,nfsvers=3 machine:/share /mountpoint

Notes:
* I typically go ahead and set both rsize and wsize, even if I'm only
mounting it read-only, just for consistency
* To be able to properly read/write files >2gb over NFS, you'll need to
use nfsvers=3

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick at conwaycorp.net>

Virtue would not go far if vanity did not keep it company. - Francois
de La Rochefoucauld