[mythtv-users] Question about remotes ... Was: Newbie

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 03:14:01 UTC 2003

My experience with the Hauppauge IR receiver (I have a WinTV-radio) has been
that:

- As far as other remotes go, it only seems to work with Philips remotes, or
universal remotes set to emulate a Philips TV.
- It doesn't seems to work with a remote set to emulate any device other that
a TV, whether Philips or not.  So it may not work with the AUX setting on
your unversal remote.

In my case, I had the additional problem that my TV is a Philips TV, and the
codes for my Hauppauge receiver & TV overlapped.  I finally broke down and
bought an IRMan, and I'm using it with the remote from my now-superfluous DVD
player.

-Joe C.