[mythtv-users] Poll: What IR solution are you using with Myth TV

jasonmiller jasonmiller at micron.com
Thu Apr 17 15:54:23 UTC 2003

Usage - Receive and Transmit
Hardware - Homebrew Serial Dongle
Software - lirc and jvc_send at the moment, soon to be lirc only.

The two circuits at:
http://www.lirc.org/receivers.html and
http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html
built into the same box are really very simple to put together even for abysmal solderers like me :)  Built two and both worked first try.  I'll also note that, for this application anyway, 4000uF to power the transmitter is way WAY bigger than you need.  I found a smallish 1000uF cap which still shows almost no voltage dip when supplying five remote signals to change a channel.