Re: [mythtv-users] mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ

James Knight foom at fuhm.net
Thu Apr 17 22:24:32 UTC 2003

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 06:11  PM, Per Åge Sørvik wrote:

> Per Åge Sørvik wrote:
>
>> Still get this with the latest CVS, so it should be safe to say that
>> it's not a soundcard issue (shouldn't be either, since I'm using to
>> two soundcards). Also tried to start mythtv directly from the shell,
>> not via the frontend, same result. Seems to happen fairly immediatly,
>> since the mythtv window doesn't even show up at all
>>
> Additional info: mythbackend gets so far as to write 608 bytes to the
> ringbuffer. Dies after that.

I think I saw something like this weird error message when I had the
vbi device set to a non-existant device (it was set to /dev/vbi, but
the actual device was /dev/vbi0). I know I had a messed up error
message at some point trying to setup myth; i don't quite remember what
I did to fix it, but that may be it.

James