[mythtv-users] WinPVR-350?

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Fri Apr 18 10:17:28 UTC 2003

> > Looks like the new Sigma Designs card (Xvideo?) could be the new hot
decoder
> > device, replacing the old Hollywood plus card.  No linux driver
though...
> > (boo).  Shame it has RGB output and everything needed to be a very high
> > quality output device.
>
> I have a couple Sigma Designs NetStream 2000s sitting around.  They're
> pretty decent; component out, VGA passthrough for overlays, etc.
> There's a bit of Linux support for them (open source kernel driver,
> closed source userspace library, open source userspace player, some
> API docs).  Unfortunately, I don't think very many people have them,
> and so none of the popular projects support it... :(

Yes, I was cruising the H+ list yesterday and that was basically the
opinion.  They are too expensive for mass market, hence few developers have
them, hence there is little support.  The hope was that the new Xthing would
be the right price point and perhaps Sigma Designs would do a linux driver
(or at least let people have the specs....)

..Seems like not though...  What a shame