[mythtv-users] I Can Not Get My TV Tuner Card To Show Up Under Backend Configuration.

Wesley Belk wesleymythtv at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 18:40:19 UTC 2003

Since you asked, here's my $0.02...

My biggest issue with MythGame is that it takes forever for me to get to
the game I want (fairly good size rom collection). I am forced to use my
IR keyboard to select games, since TAB is required to bounce between the
top and bottom windows (I like seeing the snapshots). Unfortunately,
with this keyboard I can't hold down the down arrow key, so I end up
hitting it repeatedly until I find the game I want. This is a PITA.

One idea I had for cleaning this up was to switch to a layout more like
the current "Program Finder". Maybe have the following columns: system,
game letter, game name. A row of snapshots can be shown below this
selection area and the respective image can be highlighted when the name
is selected above.

Does this make sense? I looked at hacking this in myself, but with my
limited C++ skill-set, it'd take quite some time. Plus, you asked for
suggestions. ;)

Joe