[mythtv-users] TV Out, Radeon AIW 7500

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Apr 21 23:56:32 UTC 2003

josephc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to setup a mythTV rig using RH8 and my AIW 7500.
>
> I installed the gatos ati.2 drivers, and everything works fine with just a
> monitor, and TV-Out works fine until X tries to load. But after X kicks
> in, nothing.

Text VGA output works from the card from before any O/S loads.
To get Linux X11 output you need to compile ati.2 from the
abandoned "devel" branch of GATOS CVS and this may not work
for newer cards. The compiled or current CVS versions of ati.2
do not support tv-out.

Also, to save you another message about recording with your
AIW, no, GATOS drivers won't support the features needed to
use an AIW card as a capture device for MythTV.

--  bjm