[mythtv-users] TV Out, Radeon AIW 7500

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Apr 22 01:46:45 UTC 2003

josephc wrote:
> also, one more thing. are there any TV specific fields i should add to my
> xf86config?

I'd rather not encourage anyone to use these cards but I'm
stuck with a couple of them. You'd be better off getting a
cheap GeForce2 that is supported by nvtv. I recently switched
from a Radeon AIW to a cheap nvidia card and I'm so much
happier.

That being said =). You should change your Monitor timing to

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
         HorizSync       30-50
         VertRefresh     60

the "Screen" section "DefaultDepth" to 16 and all of the
"Modes" lines to:

         Modes           "800x600" "640x480"

(well, I guess only the Depth 16 line matters ;-)

None of this will help if you don't have the devel build
of ati.2. I believe the driver defaults to some or all of
these settings even if you don't have them in your config.

The current nvidia driver supports 24 bit color, up to 1024x768
resolution and overscan adjustments for certain chip sets.
For cards that are supported by nvtv, you get overscan,
x,y centering adjustments and several other useful controls.

As you bang your head against the wall trying to get the AIW
to work, remember you're $30 away from much better output ;-).

--  bjm