[mythtv-users] Configure Bttv TV Card

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Apr 22 23:46:24 UTC 2003

At 01:35 PM 4/22/2003 -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
>Ray Olszewski wrote:
>>I suggest also
>>         # lspci |grep video
>
>Ray, I assumed that what Robert is looking for is that the
>bttv.o kernel module got installed. "lspci" and the Mandrake
>GUI can report that there is a card on the bus but that doesn't
>mean that the driver is ready for the v4l devices to be probed.

I understand that. What lspci does do, though, is tell us something about
the identity of the card, information lacking in the original posting ...
he only calls it a "Bttv TV card" ... combined with his stated newness to
Linux, I hesitate to rely in this as an indication that the card uses a
bttv driver. This way, if bttv is NOT finding it, we may be in a better
position to tell the original poster why it fails and what to do about it.

Put another way ... Robert is offering a stock formula for first-stage
troubleshooting of this sort of problem. It's a good formula. I'm just
trying to make it a bit better.