[mythtv-users] Re: Alsasound not working

Mike Schrag mschrag at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 16:18:43 UTC 2003

Unfortunately this problem doesn't appear to be something that can
easily be fixed by just recompiling your Redhat kernel ... I have heard
that you can recompile a stock 2.4.20 kernel and get it to work, but I
don't know what issues that introduces into your RH9 installation.
Incidentally I was able to do a one line change to one of the source
files in alsa to get it to compile/load properly, but I can't vouch for
whether or not it will cause terrible stability problems (which I have
had some of, though it seems pretty good now).... Basically if you do a
"grep schedule_work `find -type f`" on your alsa source, you'll see two
references -- one that is the function call that is causing this error
(in like snd.c perhaps?) and the other is a #define.  All I did was
replace the function call in snd.c with the actual define value and
recompile ....... it seems to work........ you're kind of on your own
after that though.

ms