[mythtv-users] EPIA-M and Hauppauge PVR-250

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Thu Apr 24 18:17:52 UTC 2003

> Recently I began working on setting up a 2 PC Myth system using a Athlon
> XP-1700 for the backend and an EPIA-M900 for the front end and I was
> having good success with it.

I'm doing something very similar - email me privately if you want to
compare notes.

> However after reading about the progress
> for support of the PVR-250 I went out and bought one.

I also just ordered a 350 (from shopperwiz) to play around with.

> Anyone know how to give Via a kick in the rear to get us support for
> their decoder under Linux?

If you read this thread:
http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=36238

you'll see some discussion about this.  Specifically, there is a comment
in the referenced bugzilla entry that mentions some kernel work may be
required to support the decoder, but it is being looked at.

Larry