[mythtv-users] Linux distros. - Ben Bucksch

m simm msimm at ureach.com
Fri Apr 25 17:07:24 UTC 2003

I wouldn't recommend anything less then a 2400+. I o/c'ed my 2400+ to
2.13Ghz which pushed me just over the edge to record two programs at
512x384 mpeg4 @ 3000bit rate, Max: 1 Min: 5 Diff: 3, and MP3 41200Hz
encoding at 7 quality and watch one recording at the same time.

The only time I notice frame drops is when another recording is just
starting, but it doesn't happen all the time. I think if I bumped my ram
up to 512 (from 256) it would help solve this issue.

Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>