[mythtv-users] Linux distros.

moonscryer at moonscryer.org moonscryer at moonscryer.org
Fri Apr 25 09:26:20 UTC 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:10:22 -0500
Nathan Poznick <poznick at conwaycorp.net> wrote:

> Thus spake Vincent Colombo:
> > I've been bouncing back and forth between Slackware and Redhat 9
> > lately. I like the speed of Slack but the ease of package management
> > under RH9 is nice (especially after installing apt and Synaptic). At
> > the moment I'm running Slack9 and I'm trying to stick with it for a
> > while to try and learn more about it.

Mandrake 8.1 w/ plenty of updates. I use MDK 8.1 on my main box, and never bothered reinstalling at any point in the last year or more; I just constantly update to the point it's not MDK 8.1 anymore. I had mythtv running on here tested out, so I just copied the whole thing to another drive and put it in the TV box. both run variants of the Abit KT7-A series, so there was no real conflict.