[mythtv-users] Channel Changing issue

markus macdanger at web.de
Sun Apr 27 00:04:00 UTC 2003

Hi Andy,

> If you're getting the "Channel: '' was not found in the database."
> error, as several recent posters have indicated, you should
> try running setup/setup again and making sure that you select
> a valid channum as the starting channel number for the given
> input/video-source binding.

no way! I tried everthing. The Value startchan in the table cardinput resets
whenever i fill in something non-numeric (E2 or ARD or something else) after
startinf LiveTV with the frontend. If i use a value (e.g. 1 or 1000) the
value doesn't reset but it doesn't help anyway...

I tried everything within the table channel (no blanks in names, no emty
fields, etc), too. But nothing helps...

I realy don't know any further...

PS: I wiped my database, too. But didn't help...

The only thing I can say is: I made it running (0.8) on an older System (SuSE
8.0) but now I use a very new one (SuSE  8.2)...