[mythtv-users] Shuttle SK41G & PVR-250 - experiences?

Simon Watson simon19720 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 09:32:39 UTC 2003

Hello,

First, as it is my first message on the list,
congratulations for this very good software.

I have seen that the callsigns displayed on OSD are
truncated to 5 characters (in version 0.8 & current
CVS). This is implemented in libs/libmythtv/osd.cpp.

I guess that 5 letter-callsigns are the norm in the US
TV, but AFAIK there are no such callsigns here in
Europe, so I have to put the channel names in the
"callsign" database column, and these names are
arbitrary truncated on OSD. (There is space enough on
OSD to display more that these 5 characters).

I wonder if this way of hardcoding the 5-character
limit is really necessary, as you can always enter
some short callsigns in the database, if you want to
use this limit. Removing this limitation would allow
us to have better looking long names on the OSD.
What do you think ?

Thanks,
Benoit Marchandise.