[mythtv-users] Off topic: Newbie trouble Installing Apache for Mythweb

W Jason McMillon jason_mcmillon at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 15:08:17 UTC 2003

I can view live TV but without sound.  I can record...also no sound

is this a permissions issue with /dev/dsp???

user: bob
group: audio

read write for both user and group

I'm running front and backend as the user bob and NOT as root.

alsa is working..I think.  If i set line in at capture and mute then the
sound does not come out.

If I set line in at capture and unmute, then i get sound but it's
obviously delayed.  assuming this is analog.

pause works, rewind..record.  i'm very close i think.

sh-2.05b$ mythbackend
Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
adding: bob.chrisrickert.com as a player 1
adding: bob.chrisrickert.com as a player 0
adding: bob.chrisrickert.com as a player 0
adding: bob.chrisrickert.com as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Cannot open DSP '', dying.
Could not detect audio blocksize
audio volume set to '32768'
Cannot open DSP '', exitingChanging from WatchingLiveTV to None