[mythtv-users] better way to record / feature req

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Fri Aug 1 11:30:40 EDT 2003

<snip>

<snip>

> As for changing the record start and stop times, you are limited to a
> pre and post additional recording on every recording. I believe that's
> good enough.

I beg to differ :-)

For me personally the global preroll and overtime settings are just not
good enough.
There are some channels that really don't seem to adhere very well to
the times the give in the TV guides, one channel regularly differing up
to 15 minutes from the given times (and that's the channel for my
girlfriend's daily soap, so woe on me if ever even one minute would be
lost!). But at the same time a record some cartoons in the morning and I
don't want to add half an hour of preroll+overtime to a 10 minute
cartoon!

But I'm still not sure if this means it should be possible to edit the
start and end times or if we should "per program" preroll and overtime
settings. Maybe we should even allow both? (changing start/end times is
more strict than preroll/overtime because the system might decide to
abort a recording that is in preroll/overtime if the tuner is needed for
other things)

-Tako