[mythtv-users] [OT] coax splitting?

Dane Kantner webmaster at dddane.com
Fri Aug 1 13:52:22 EDT 2003

> I have coax running from the wall, and 2 or 3 tuners I want to connect.
I'm
> looking for recommendations as to doing this. In the same house I have

buy a good quality splitter... i think its better to have as few splitters
(with longer cables coming out of that perhaps as a result) versus many
splitters and shorter cables out?

you can buy a 10 dB amplifier just about anywhere (best buy, ebay, circuit
city, wal-mart)... I was at home depot last weekend and noticed they had a
25 dB amplifier...  Just a note, I tried putting an amplifier on my line and
it caused the cable modem to not work, you have to amplify only the cable
going to the TV.... though I'm not sure I would say it made any difference
in my instance anyway.   amplifiers are for cable lenght issues...if you
have a bad signal to start with it probably wont do anything.  i'd say try
it without it first... or buy it maybe and return it a day later if it
doesnt do anything?
-dane