[mythtv-users] Frontend and backend on different computers

Brent Borghese brent at bborghese.com
Sat Aug 2 19:31:11 EDT 2003

I am having a problem with my frontend computer.

First of all my master backend server works fine and it also has a
frontend running on it that works.

My problems is with the second frontend on a different computer.   Live
TV works and all the scheduling and database things work fine too.
What does not work is playing recorded programs.

When I go into the "Watch Recordings", the preview start to show the
program and when I hit enter the frontend just hangs.

Also, watching a live tv program being recoded works.

The frontend computer is doing nothing(98% CPU free).

I see connections to the master backend server.

Does anybody know what might be going on?

I am running redhat 9 with the CVS from about 10 days a go.

Thanks

Brent