[mythtv-users] nuv -> svcd

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Aug 2 19:35:03 EDT 2003

well, I've actually done it.  my nuvexport script will actually convert
an nuv file into a usable svcd (as long as mplayer can play the file, as
per a message I sent out last night).  Though I have the edl/cutlist
stuff set up, unfortunately THAT doesn't work - things eventually go out
of sync.  However, once the non-transcode custlist stuff goes into myth,
this shouldn't be an issue.

I'm wondering if there's a way to post-process cut the file, but don't
have enough experience with mpeg stuff to know for sure; I'll have to
keep digging a bit.

Anyway, if you're interested in my script (basically a non-curses
version of mythmkmovie), let me know (off the list) and I'll send it
over.  The code is pretty self-contained, so it could also be pretty
easily integrated into mythmkmovie (though I'll still beg for better
formatting of mythmkmovie before I'll start using it - searching through
ALL shows is a pain - better to go like myth does and pick the show
first, and then the episode).

-Chris