[mythtv-users] Problem with apt-get install ivtv

Ellen Spertus spertus at mills.edu
Sat Aug 2 21:14:11 EDT 2003

I'm following Jarod's wonderful installation instructions
(http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250) and
everything has gone smoothly up to step 10, getting and installing ivtv,
which fails. A transcript is below.

Background: I am using kernel 2.4.20-19.9.3.at.  I ran "apt-get install
mythtv-suite" without any errors.

Thank you for any help.

Ellen

[root at media root]# apt-get install ivtv ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r`
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  ivtv: Depends: perl(Video::Frequencies) but it is not installable
        Depends: perl(Video::Frequencies) (>= 0.03) but it is not
installable
        Depends: perl(Video::ivtv) (>= 0.12) but it is not installable
        Depends: perl-Video-Frequencies but it is not installable
        Depends: perl-Video-ivtv but it is not installable
E: Broken packages