[mythtv-users] Digital Cable with the PVR-250

fixed onefix at waste.org
Sat Aug 2 23:15:53 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have just recently got my Shuttle SN41G2 box working as a MythTV box and
it's awesome! Thank you to everyone who have helped develop this
application.

There is one issue I have, and I have googled for a solution but could not
find any. The remote that came with the PVR-250 is working for the most
part, with lirc.

I have digital cable (the cable box is a Motorola DCT2244). Plugging my
cable directly into the shuttle box will not display the digital channels,
obviously.

So how can I go about getting digital cable? I was thinking:

- Plug my cable box's OUT to the PVR-250's IN.

But how will I change the channel? I understand I can get an IR blaster,
but how will this work with the remote of the PVR-250? How will I get lirc
to get signals from my PVR-250 remote and send them to the actual cable
box?

Thank you very much.

Ogden