[mythtv-users] No Picture - updates!

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Sun Aug 3 14:41:54 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards said:

>> I've tried that.  I thought we'd established that that clears "Capture
>> Cards" but not "Video Sources."
>
> Then say yes to the second question.

   Would you like to clear all program/channel
   settings before starting configuration? [no]

This option seems to be inadequately labeled.  I /really/ didn't want to
wipe all of the channel setting for no good reason since it takes a /long/
time to re-populate the DB.

Saying yes to the second question /did/ get rid of those entries.

But that wasn't the problem.

I coincidentally ran motv as root and got . . . no picture.  When I ran
mythbackend and mythfrontend as the same user as my X session (and
monkeyed around with some file permissions) it all fell into place.

I now have the following questions:

Is there a list of default keyboard controls somewhere?

How can one bring the sound and video in sync?

Why isn't the mouse available on the main frontend screen?

Is there a way to exit from the main screen gracefully?

Why doesn't it turn off the audio when I go back to the main screen?

Why doesn't it shut down when I use the "close" feature of my WM?

Why doesn't it turn off the audio when I kill it or use ctrl-c?  (As this
seems to be the only way to exit.)

Thanks for all the help!

-Peter