[mythtv-users] two tuner cards & audio (btaudio solution ?)

Saravanan Subbiah saravanan_subbiah at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 4 04:24:08 EDT 2003

Hi,

I just put a second TV card in my machine. (AverStudio and new one is
Hauppauge WinTVGo)

How do I make mythtv read the audio from both the cards ? I have only
one line in.

Do I have to use btaudio ? Is btaudio supported by these two cards ?

I tried loaded btadio module and it created dsp1(digital) and
dsp2(analog) for WinTVGo and dsp3(digital) and dsp4(analog) for
AverStudio.

But when I changed the sound setting in MythTV and restart MythTV, the
sound never works. PIP works but only picture comes up. If I press V or
B or N or change channels then it freezes and I have to restart MythTV.

Any pointers ?

Also one thing I notices is that WinTVGo's video seems to be of much
better quality than AverStudio's video. Also somehow I find that the CPU
usage for viewing WinTVGo's video seems to be less when compared to
AverStudio.

Is this because of the stereo audio that AVerStudio is outputting ?

-Saravanan