[mythtv-users] xbox mythtv

Allen T. Gilliland IV alleng4 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 09:23:27 EDT 2003

This could also be the frame buffer driver you are
using.  You should really try to user the rivafb
driver ... it performs much better than the vesa.  I
know that switching from gentoox to debian+riva fixed
all my problems, but it may have fixed the problem
Dennis mentioned below as well without me realizing
it.

Whatever the problem is you should be able to playback
anything you want.  I have 640x480 mpeg4 @ 4400 kb/s
and mp3 sound ... and that plays back perfectly on my
xbox.  I am just about to switch to a pvr-250 and then
i'll do the max of about 720x480.  mpeg2 files should
be even easier for the xbox to playback as well, so
you shouldn't be limited to the settings of 480x480.

-- Allen