[mythtv-users] Problem with MythVideo/MythDVD database

Richard Doherty dohertyr at research.panasonic.com
Tue Aug 5 11:36:40 EDT 2003

Yep, found it:

MyhVideo: Error parsing poster filename [sic]

So I debugged a little.  Seems the URL that is formed to find the poster
filename is somehow not working right (videomanager.cpp line 340).

If I comment out all the stuff in the Qurl ctor so it only builds a
normal looking url "http://www.imdb.com/Posters?0203009" , I get the
lengthy error page from IMDB saying they don't respond to automated
requests.  But if I send the entire URL as constructed (with the
user-agent and host), the result string (the variable Qstring res) is
completely empty.  I tried various permutations of the url string, but I
can only get the error page or an empty result.

I'm a bit flummoxed, since I can obviously browse to the page normally
just fine, and I don't really know the ins and outs of proper URL
construction.  I also don't know the Qt package at all, so I don't
really know what error returns to look for in some of the calls (like
processEvents() or getData() ).

Any additional suggestions?