[OT] Re: [mythtv-users] Remote?

zaphod at comcast.net zaphod at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 20:56:10 EDT 2003

I don't recall using my VHS VCR since I got my Tivo.

Option #1 - TV with multiple inputs, I think my big RCA handles 3 plus component
video (Tivo, PS2, VCR, DVD)

Option #2 - Use a A/V Receiver to handle switching.

Option #3 - Daisy chain like you were discussing.  This is typically not very
good for quality.  If I could only hook up one input to the TV, it would have to
be a Myth box with a DVD player.  Hook the VCR up to the the input of the TV
card and encode everything to the harddrive or CD/DVD.

That said, you should be able to have as good a remote as you want working with
Myth, the ones that come with most of the tuner cards are a joke.  Look at the
Streamzap remote, build a LIRC serial receiver, or use a programmable remote
with the tuner card IR dongle . . .  If you want a button on your remote to do
something, ask if it can be added to Myth.  Who knows you might even get
involved in the User Interface part of the code, learn something and contribute
to this project.  ;-)