[mythtv-users] PVR-250 with 3Mbps bitrate

Per Åge Sørvik peraage at leneogperaage.com
Wed Aug 6 00:16:13 EDT 2003

Scott Blomfield wrote:

>I believe that we read mbit, and Will read mbyte. 3mbyte/s works out to
>about 10Gbyte/hour .... and you can certainly turn it down a lot from
>there!
>
>>From what I've heard, you wouldn't want to go below 4mbit with a PVR-250
>MPEG2.

Well, commonly b=bit,B=byte, m=0.001 and M=1000000, but standards in the
computer world have become a mess, mainly caused by those fake
journalists/reviewers writing about stuff they don't know anything about
(rant over).

But let me ask like this: Is anybody able to watch video with acceptable
quality over 802.11b, and what bitrate setting are you using ? (the
4mbit setting is in line with what I was thinking, and might be possible
to use). Thank you for your time.

--

peraage