[mythtv-users] Re:Not recording anything using CVS (7/30)

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Tue Aug 5 20:28:55 EDT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:47:07 -0500 spake Trey of:

> Am I the only one having this trouble? If I can't get help here, are there
> other message boards I should try? Everything still works, except recording.
> Somebody please help, I'm getting desperate.

I'm not seeing the same behaviour, but recording isn't working properly for me
either.

I upgraded from Slackware 8.1 to Slackware 9.0 this weekend. Prior to the
upgrade (read: complete reinstall) Myth was working pretty much perfectly.
Now, when I record, the tuner seems to go out of tune. The picture is black &
white and... I don't know to describe how wrong the picture looks. Definitely
looks out of tune. The sound seems to work. The whole program seems to record
this way (but it's unwatchable), and then watching LiveTV doesn't work (same
problem). If I fire up TVTime, the tuning goes back to normal, until the next
time I try to record something.

Was using CVS from last Tuesday before the upgrade, now it's CVS from Sunday.
Kernel went from 2.4.20 to 2.4.21 (maybe the bttv module broke?)

aaron