[mythtv-users] Recommended graphics card with tv-out?

Brendin defiant at symboliclinks.net
Tue Aug 5 18:43:18 EDT 2003

Well the best TV-OUT I ever found was from a Matrox Marvel G400TV card.
Of course I was taking advantage of the hardwarte Back End Scaler
functionality.  I have tried ATI and it isn't even close.  However ATI
with its component hdtv adapter is another story.  It has produced the
best picture I have ever seen on my 51" Sony Widescreen.  I have only
tried using the adapter with my ATI 8500DV AIW card under Windoze.  I
think it may be just a matter of setting proper timings and resolutions
to get it working under Linux.

Brendin