[mythtv-users] No Videos Found

Steve B. steve at browsermedia.com
Tue Aug 5 21:19:47 EDT 2003

Ellen,

I may be the "another user" you are referring to. I ran into this issue when
I did the install from rpm's (apt-get install mythtv-suite). I have since
installed
the CVS and am not having this issue.

Are you also seeing No Videos found in the Manage Videos section? I am
a noobie myself, but I got the impression that this section added your video
to the database so it then appeared under the browse-type sections.

If its not that simple, further thoughts below...

Based on my recent experience, I am wondering if the rpm updated the
database as is required by mythvideo. The rpm page does say that you still
need to configure the software after you install the rpm's; I wonder if that
includes the db configuration steps. You might check your database
and see if the tables are there. I am not sure what the table/column names
are, but perhaps someone on this list could answer that.

Steve B.

PS - As I say, I am a noobie as well. Just sharing what I would try. I hope
I am not sending red-herrings, but I do not know for sure.