[mythtv-users] mp3 listening

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Aug 5 23:12:26 EDT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 Brett_M_Spooner at raytheon.com wrote:

> How does MythTV react if you are listening to MP3s & then it has to record
> a program?
> (that may be a loaded question because if I've been reading correctly you
> would need a PVR w/ line in or 2 audio cards)

Use hardware encoding.  Then it doesn't need access to your sound card
when a record event pops.  And since the CPU overhead for recording is so
low, it doesn't much matter what else you do on the box.

I'm currently running fvwm with two pages.  I just grab the wireless
keyboard/mouse and push the mousepad right until myth flips off and a
blank screen with an xterm comes into view.  I can do whatever I want and
just flip back and forth from myth to another app.

I haven't had any luck getting mythmusic running on woody so that is how I
play mp3's right now.  Kinda suspect that is why it hasn't been .DEBified
yet.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!