[mythtv-users] MythTV -- And a Suggestion

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Aug 7 00:49:01 EDT 2003

Hmmm, I must say this makes sense for a multi-tuner system, but why the
rediction to the Watch Recording screen when you have only one tuner?

A possible scenario could be:

- I am watching a program
- I have to leave so I hit 'r' (the OSD could pop up for a moment
showing "recording...") [*]
- Trying to change the channel should now warn me that a recording is in
progress
- Hitting escape gets me back to the menu
- Selecting Watch TV again should just get me back to the program I was
watching (the OSD could again pop up for a moment showing "recording...")

And even for a multi-tuner system it seems quite logiacl that selecting
Watch TV would just show me the image of the last tuner I watched
before. If I want to see the image of one of the other tuners I can
still go to the Watch Recordings page.

Not suggesting we should go out and immediately change everything, just
curious if you would be happy with the scenario I just described.

Cheers,
 -Tako

[*] - Maybe it already does give feedback, hitting R doesn't seem to do
anything right now for me.

PS: Isn't it possible to Stop an in-progress recording? If I go to the
Delete Recordings I can only delete it or leave it recording (in fact
even after deleting it continues recording? Is/was that a known bug?)