[mythtv-users] Partition and Filesystem choices for MythTV

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 6 21:50:04 EDT 2003

If you plan on adding more hard drives in the future, use LVM.  I use
LVM and on top of that ext3.  If you do decide to use LVM, make sure you
dont use the default physical extents because this will lead to a
maximum LVM size of 255 Gig.  I have been there.  I dont know if there
are any performance penalties though for increasing the physical extents
parameter.

Make sure whatever filesystem you choose, make it one that does not do
extensive fscks when the system does an abnormal shutdown.  It is not
fun waiting for an fsck on a 200 gig hard drive. In short dont use ext2.